Saturday, September 13, 2008

துபாய் : திருக்குர்ஆன் ஓதுபவர்களை அது கண்ணியப்படுத்தும் : போட்டியாளார்கள்

Recitation of Holy Quran Brought Honour to Them, say ContestantsAhmed Shaaban

14 September 2008

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticle.asp?xfile=data/theuae/2008/September/theuae_September320.xml§ion=theuae&col=

DUBAI — Mohamed bin Ahmed Zahid from Malaysia, a contestant for the Dubai International Holy Quran Award, is only 13. He says the Holy Quran has changed his behaviour, manners and whole life for the better.

“I call upon memorisers of the Holy Quran to be patient and never to give up. The blessings and light of the Holy Quran will fill their life,” he said.

“I am really grateful to my parents who have always supported me to memorise the Holy Quran.

“I have been nominated for the award by the Dar Al Hikma Islamic Centre, following a number of local competitions. I started memorising the Holy Quran at the age of seven and finished at 10,” he added.

Arabic language was an obstacle for him in the beginning but now, he has good command of it, thanks to the Holy Book. “I used to read and revise five to 10 parts of the Holy Quran everyday,” Zahid said.

Eighteen-year-old Abdul Haq Al Beryaq from Spain used to revise 10 parts of the Holy Quran per day.

“I started memorising the Holy Quran with the help of my uncle at the age of 12 and finished in two years,” he said, adding Arabic Language was never a problem for him as he is originally from Morocco.

“The Islamic Centre of Valencia has nominated me for the award, following a number of local competitions,” he explained.

“The award is a great opportunity to know, communicate and compete with contestants from other countries. The Holy Quran helps me a lot in my life and makes people respect me more.”

Hoping to be the Imam of the Holy Mosque in Makkah, 17-year-old Usama Mohamed Yusef Chian from Taiwan said he started memorising the Holy Quran when he was six and finished at the age of 12.

“The Chinese Islamic Association of Taiwan has nominated me for the award after I showed competence in an international contest as well as five local competitions,” he said.

“I used to revise eight to ten parts of the Holy Quran on a daily basis. I have always encouraged my brother and sister to memorise the Holy Book,” he said.

For 18-year-old Tariq Zeyad Abdul Fattah from Jordan, the Holy Quran is the most precious treasure he has ever obtained. “I started memorising the Holy Quran at the age of five at the mosque, and finished at nine,” he said, adding that both his parents, especially his father, used to encourage and reward him to learn the Holy Book. They always pushed him to follow the footsteps of his two brothers.

Having shown efficiency in memorising and reciting the Holy Quran, Tariq was nominated for the award by the Jordanian Ministry of Auqaf.

“I have been very keen to participate in this award for nothing but God’s pleasure. I also wanted to please my parents and proudly represent my country

No comments: